Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
darkwood

Default Alerts?

Do you track the mileage daily? If you don't keep track of the mileage
somehow, to where excel knows the vehicle has reached over 6000 miles
in an interval, it won't work exactly, you would be estimating daily
mileage, and that's never worthwhile IMO.

My suggestion:

Create a column for last date of service for the vehicle, and the
mileage at the time of last service, current mileage, and obviously a
vehicle identifier of some sort. If you update this daily, then have
one column that holds the current date, and change it daily. (there may
be a formula that holds current date, but I am not positive)

Place your conditional format on both the date and mileage fields as
follows:

For date:
If cell value (of last date of service) - is less than - (current date
cell) minus 90, and format as you please.

For mileage:

If cell value (of current mileage) is greater than - (mileage at last
service) + 3000, then format as you wish.

Let me know if that would be satisfactory.

--
darkwood
darkwood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29948