Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
oscardwilde

Default Macro works differently on different computers, same version o

Perfect! Thank you. It worked flawlessly. Tried it on several computers
and no problem. The only thing that it does that isn't a big deal is it
leaves one column selected (with the flashing selection around it). Is there
a command I can put in there to stop that so that it doesn't confuse my users?

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Try this revised version ON A COPY OF YOUR SPREADSHEET and see what happens

Sub ZeroDraw()
'
' ZeroDraw Macro
' Macro recorded 8/26/2005 by Oscar
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'
Range("G7:G57").Copy

Range("D7:D57").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Range("E7:E56") = 0

Range("C4") = Range("C4") + 1

Range("B1").Select
End Sub

"oscardwilde" wrote:

I have created macros that automate a fairly simple process on several
spreadsheets. There are three columns that are affected by the macro. One
column is total of all previous month's expenses for a project, the next is
the current month's expenses and the last column is total expenses to date.
The macro simply copies the values from the total expenses to the previous
month's column and zeros the current month so that it is ready for the next
month's expenses. The macros work great on my computer but do not always
perform the same way on other computers. Some fields it skips, others it
does not. The formatting and number of cells in each column are the same and
do not change. I've checked the security settings and the versions of Excel
are the same so why doesn't it do the same thing on two different computers
that use everything else the same?

Here's the code:

Sub ZeroDraw()
'
' ZeroDraw Macro
' Macro recorded 8/26/2005 by Oscar
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'
Range("G7:G57").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 27
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 26
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 25
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 24
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 23
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 21
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 20
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 18
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 16
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 15
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 14
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 12
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 11
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 9
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 7
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 5
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 4
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 3
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 2
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1
Range("D7:D57").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("E7").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "0"
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("E7:E56"), Type:=xlFillDefault
Range("E7:E56").Select
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 21
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 20
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 18
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 16
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 14
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 13
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 11
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 8
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 4
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1
Range("K5").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-1]C[-8]+1)"
Range("K5").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("K6").Select
SkipBlanks _