Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default LOOKUP Problem

Well then, you have a choice to make.

One: leave all your data in 52 workbooks and do nohting else. Spend LOTS &
LOTS of time and effort to try to pull it all together without dropping any
names. Spend LOTS & LOTS of time and effort trying to validate you've done
it correctly. Trying to link to 52 as-yet-nonexistent files seems like the
HARDEST way to get where you need to be.

Two: do something with the data to make it simple to summarize.

My suggestion was only one of probably half a dozen ways to simplify it.
Open your mind up to other ways of doing things.

"grey" wrote:

Duke Carey Wrote:
Add a new column to the sheet and put the week number in it. Instead
of
saving the data to 52 different files, append each week's data to the
end of
a master file. At the end of the year, or at any time during the
year,
create a pivot table from the master file's data, with the week
numbers
across the top

Unfortunately, due to the way the current system works and the other
things that the weekly files are used for (they contain far more data
than my example) there is no way that the process can function without
having 52 seperate weekly files

--
grey
grey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17951