tombsy

Default Too many Excel files

Im having a rant...

The Company I work for (1,000 employees) love excel so much it creates about
8,000 new xls files every month. This equates to about 8Gb.

I have tracked this growth for 3 years and can show a graph of it.
We are running out of disk space, but management dont seem to grasp the
reality that we cannot sustain this growth rate.

I am trying to get them to get a plan together to change the business
culture into working smarter and to see if the growth rate can be reduced to
extend the life of the servers, but it is falling on deaf ears.
Also, I have found stacks of files duplicated upto 21 times in replicated
folders. Its total madness.

Its crying out for Capacity Management but they just dont get it.

Is it me ?????

Does anyone have any advise to offer?