Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default need to convert e-mail info from excel spreadsheet ot windows XP

Ask your mom what she sent you. If it's an excel file and you don't own
excel...

You may want to try the free viewer from MS.

The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

and the older version if you can't run the one above:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
(One line in your browser)

or...

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

========
If it's another file (like MSWord or MSPowerPoint), Microsoft has free viewers
for those, too.

merlinus wrote:

my motherhas sent an e-mail to me that cannot be opened by my computer, which
is run by Windows XP. What do I need to be able to view the information that
was attatched to the email?

--

Dave Peterson