Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Networkdays & future months

Denise,

I am not sure I totally understand, I am unsure of how your data is
structure, but does this doe it

=IF(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I$2&"-2006")TODAY(),"",
IF(Sheet1!$I$2="Jun",NETWORKDAYS(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I$2&"-2006"),$C$2,holidays
),
NETWORKDAYS(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I$2&"-2006"),DATE(2006,MONTH(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I
$2&"-2006"))+1,0),holidays)))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"denise" wrote in message
Bob,

I changed my formula to the one you suggested here. It works fine except I
still have my challenge of how to show future months as blank. I realize

that
I could just copy the formula over when I start a new month but I was

hoping
there might be some combination or nested if statement I could use to just
show a blank until the report date came current. Does this make any sense?

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If Arvi's suggestion doesn't suit, you could try this formula

=IF(Sheet1!$I$2="Jun",NETWORKDAYS(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I$2&"-2006"),$C$2,holiday

s),NETWORKDAYS(DATEVALUE("01-"&$I$2&"-2006"),DATE(2006,MONTH(DATEVALUE("01-"
&$I$2&"-2006"))+1,0),holidays))

Best to put the year in another cell though and reference that.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"denise" wrote in message
This looks like a great discussion group and I'm hoping someone out

there
will be able to help me. I'm setting up a spreadsheet for 2006 with

Jan,
Feb,
Mar, etc out to YTD column headers and productivity items down the

rows. I
will be tracking each item for actual quantity and percent of monthly
objective achieved.

I have a holiday table set up on a separate sheet for productive days

and
have used the following to get the productive days for each month

(using
June
as an example):

=IF('sheet1'!$i$2="Jun",NETWORKDAYS(g28,$c$2,holid ays),NETWORKDAYS(g28,g29,h
olidays))

If report month is June, then show June networdays to report data

date,
otherwise show June total month networkdays

Whe
sheet1 i2 = Report Month (in this case June)
g28 = June start day (06/01/06)
c2 = report data date (06/16/06 as an example)
g29 = June end day (06/30/06)

This works fine for June and all previous months but I need to show

future
months as blank to prevent summing to YTD to prevent distorting

averages.
know I can nest up to 7 IF statements but I haven't been able to get

this
working. Any suggestions are much appreciated!