Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MATCH function through multiple worksheets

I am setting up a bank account project with 12 worksheets, one for each
month. I know that it is possible to find the sum of a specific cell
thoughout all of the worksheets (=SUM('Jan:Dec'!D4). I am trying to
apply this same principle to the MATCH function.

The formula I have put together is
=IF(ISBLANK(H8),"--",IF(ISERROR(MATCH(ABS(H8),'Jan:Dec'!$F$4:$F$84,)) ,"NO",MATCH(ABS(H8),'Jan:Dec'!$F$4:$F$84,))).
Every answer comes up as either a "--" or "NO", though, when I know
that there happens to be a match right there in the same worksheet. Do
you see any obvious problems with this? Any advice?

Thanks