JulieD

Hi Mark

VLOOKUP :)

Personally, i would do it on a different sheet ... so copy column A and
column F to sheet 3 (these now become A & B). click in one cell and sort
ascending by date
now click in cell C2 (assuming you have headers in row 1) and type
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$G$1000,7,0)
this will lookup the date in sheet 2 and return the information in column G
where there is an exact match ...
fill this down your list of dates (double click on fill handle +)

now this gets you to the current date, however, i'm guessing you'll want to
do this for future dates as well ... so go to the bottom of column A and
fill down the dates for another month or so
then at the bottom of column B type the formula
=VLOOKUP(A#,Sheet1!$A$1:$F$1000,6,0)
where # is the current row number
and fill down (using the double click method)
then fill down the formulas in column C as well

now it's set up for the future.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Mark" wrote in message
How would I type in the formula to select the values of Column F in one
worksheet and link them to a different worksheet Column G, and place them
in
order by the date on my second sheet.
Example:
Sheet 1, Column F = Cash deposit totals for the day.
Sheet 2, Column G = Running balance of my check register.
Would this be done by using the date which is in Column A on both sheets.
If so, what is this bad boy formula!!
Thanks in Advance!

Mark