Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Newbie1092

Default Sorting data in a cell alphabetically

I have several cells in a column. Each of the cells in that column contain
several codes that are seperated by a space. I need a quick way of
rearranging those codes in alphabetic order. I have a somewhat manual process
now where I copy the cell contents out of the the cell onto another worksheet
and then do a text to columns function and then sort the resulting row and
then concatenate the cells in that row and re-copy the concatenated cell back
to the original worksheet but that takes a lot of time when you have several
hundered cell to do this to. I'm starting to learn macros and have bought a
couple of book on the topic. I'm sure there is a way to totally automate the
process but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have any code suggestions?

Below is a sample of one of my cells.

BCI AAU BCH ACL ACR ACHR ACS BII BIE BIR BIU BICK BICX CBU WBAJ CTU CTE CTMU
CIU CEI BCC DDU DDE D3U D4E BCB ECI ECIE ECO ECOE ECD ECDE ECN ECNT ECE3 ECN2
ECN3 ECS ECSE ECH ECHE ECR ECRE ECP ECAC ECOV ECPU CIR OGI REU GLU DW FMU IRS
LNI LNU VRU ODI RPI RPU IIEC IIDP EWU EWPU EWPD EWCO EWNU EWA EWBU EWBD EWIU
EWMU EWKU EWLU EWRP CIMT CBTM BCRP