tjtjjtjt

I'm not sure I understand how your Worksheet is set up. A3 and B3 don't
intersect--they are in parallel columns. Usually there are Ranges of more
than one cell a piece when the Intersection Operator is used.
For instance,
=A4:E4 B1:B5
would return the value in B4 because B4 is contained in both ranges.

The formula you have working likely refers to named ranges. Go to Insert |
Name, Define, and see what cells the Names refer to.

tj

"Slumbering Gorilla" wrote:

im made a mileage chart with many values in it. so now when i type

=chatsworth mission_hills1

it gives me the intersection which is the mileage between the two cities.
works perfectly.

BUT, i want to get it so i type the "from" city in one cell, then the "to"
city in another cell then giving me the intersection value in the third cell.
i typed in the formula

=A3 B3

A3 containging the from city and b3 containing the to city. but it doesnt
work. obviously i do not know how to get this formula to work. need help if
there is an answer.