JE McGimpsey

A3 B3 doesn't *have* an intersection.

You could use

= B:B 3:3

to get the intersection of row 3 and column B.

One way to get what you want, if, say, the From city is in A1 and the To
city in A2, and your data in Table, you could use:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Table, MATCH(A2,OFFSET(TABLE,,,1,),FALSE),FALSE)

In article ,
Slumbering Gorilla
wrote:

im made a mileage chart with many values in it. so now when i type

=chatsworth mission_hills1

it gives me the intersection which is the mileage between the two cities.
works perfectly.

BUT, i want to get it so i type the "from" city in one cell, then the "to"
city in another cell then giving me the intersection value in the third cell.
i typed in the formula

=A3 B3

A3 containging the from city and b3 containing the to city. but it doesnt
work. obviously i do not know how to get this formula to work. need help if
there is an answer.