Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
A Stevens

Default Reference Cell if Found in a IF function

Formatting came out funny in my example. Hope the text is clear enough...
if more is needed let me know and I'll try to explain further.

"A Stevens" wrote:

I'm trying to setup an IF function so that it searches for a value, then if
Value is found (TRUE), to offset from the cell within which it was found.
Ex:
With the formula written into Sheet 2, B, I want it to search column A of
Sheet 1 for a 22, then if found offset from where it was found up one cell
and report the station name.

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
A A B
Station Name 22 Station Name(variable)