Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Excel as Attendance Tracker

How about one column per employee? One row for vacation, one row for
holiday, etc. Whenever hours are expended, just update the appropriate cell.
--
Gary's Student

"Donna123" wrote:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I've posted this on another board - got lots of views but no responses
so I'm hoping Santa will be good to me and someone reading this thread
will have an answer.

We have 100+ employees. We need to track PTO, Vacation in hours and
then also log other instances of time away from work (f= fmla,
t=travel, c=comp time, h=work at home). However these "other
instances" do not need to be tracked in terms of hours used.

The only suggestion that came on the other board was to have 3 rows per
employee - not a good solution.

My solution so far has been to have 3 columns for each day but this is
causing me to run out of columns before I get to April.

I thought I could use SUMIF but apparently I'm wrong. Why can't I put
something like "8v" (indicating 8 hours of vacation used) and then have
my totals column look at the range and sum if it says 8v, the column
next to this would sum if it said 8p.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Donna123