Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mattrane

Default Selective Column deletion

Hi,
I'm not real familiar with writing code in Excel, so my question is
probably fairly simple.

I'm working with Census data and before importing it into SAS I want to
clean it up a bit in Excel. The problem is that the Census summary
tables give me three columns of information (an upper, lower, and
estimate), when I only need one (estimate). The matrices I work with a
usually in the 52x2000 range, so it gets very tedious to delete them by
hand. Can excel handle a 'delete if' or 'select if, then delete' type
of command.
something like:
delete if (column(contains(upper OR lower));

Thanks for any help.

Matthew Hall
Population Research Institute
The Pennsylvania State University