Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default how to protect formulas in a cell

How about using a couple of helper cells?

Use A3 for the formula
Use B3 for the user input
Use C3 to determine which should be used:

=if(b3="",a3,b3)

Enrique Mahecha wrote:

Hi everyone.

You have cell where values are entered, but it has a formula in it. How
can I protect the formula and still let the user enter data in it?

Or

How do I RESET the table to its orginal state. Say all cells should be
set to "o" or "empty" and everything, formulas, formatting for the
entire table goes back to when first opened.

Please see Pic in attachement (having problems with my server uploading
the file). Pls let me know if get to see the pic, I am learning...

TIA

Enrique

|Filename: Excel cells in magenta.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4145 |