Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rikki Ward

Default use of if across worksheets (was use of "if" based on text in another column)

Hi Ron, or anyone else

I am trying to do a similar exercise, but drill down through a number of
worksheets. I want to only sum those values which appear on a worksheet
where A1 has the value "stat". aprstat and marstat are sheetnames at the
start and end of the ranges to be summed

I have found

=SUM(IF((aprstat:marstat!A1="stat"),aprstat:marsta t!B6)) gives #name?,
and
=SUMIF(aprstat:marstat!A1,"=stat",aprstat:marstat! B6) gives #value!.

I can get the equivalent sum command to work across the sheets
=SUM(aprstat:marstat!B6) .

Can anyone help?

Rikki

--

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
If you want the column total to only include values where Col_B begins with
an "X", try something like this:

=SUMIF(B1:B10,"X*",C1:C10)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Gary D." wrote:

Is there a way to use an 'if' statement in a column that is using an

"=b1*c1"
statement to not preform the function if the text in column A starts with

"Q"
We have a sheet that the first column has job #'s that start with an "X"

and
Quote #'s that start with a "Q", I don't want the price of the quote

numbers
to be included in the total for the column.

Thanks

Gary D.