Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Default Pivot Table On Hidden Rows

Chalky,

Is your pivot table on another sheet? Pivot tables should not be affected by hidden or filtered
rows in the data source unless they are displayed on rows that are hidden by the filtering process.
Simply move your table to another sheet, and you should be fine.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"chalky" wrote in message

All,

I have a pivot table that is based on a huge set of data (c. 3,000
rows). The pivot works fine but if you filter the source data then the
pivot (when updated) will only pick up the data that is shown after the
filter. I want to be able to analysis the original data without
worrying about the effects on the filter.

Any Ideas?

--
chalky
chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23758