Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Steiner

Default Comparing two tables

i checked the vlookup function, but it didnt really help OR i just didnt
understand it ...
from what i found online i couldnt make, it seems like it only checkes for a
value in one
sheet and grabs the corresponding value from a second one ... but that kinda
doesnt
work out, because the lines arent identical

maybe i didnt describe it right, let me "paint" it

sheet one: sheet two:

1 1
2 2
3 4
4 6
5
6

the function i need would return

sheet three:

3
5

"PedroPastre" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
PEter,

try to use the "VLOOKUP" function...it will help you to identify with
values
are in both tables (sheets)... so you can mark the values that are in both
tables and separete then easily...

i donīt know if you know the VLOOKUP function...if you donīt...check it
out
at EXCEL help ...there have a good material about this!

i hope this help you!

Pedro

"Peter Steiner" wrote:

hey just a short question :-D
I have two tables, one with a list with 1330 entries and one with 720
entries, the 720 are all in the big list as well, is there a way to write
the 610 entries from the big list that arent in the small list into
another
excel table without doing it one by one ?
thanks in advance
Peter