Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Default Pivot Table help!

Those pivot tables are based on OLAP databases, with fields in levels.
The same feature can't be created in a pivot table based on a different
data source type.

Marc Fleury wrote:
Debra Dalgleish wrote in
:

In your original post you said:
"I want a pivot table that will show me the average Score for every
Player, given an arbitrary Date range that I want to be able to
specify."

What I suggested does that.

Ah. Now I understand what you mean.

I guess I should have drawn a distinction between what I, as the creator
of the Pivot Table, can do, and what the end-user can do. In the last
part of my original post, I was more explicit about my needs. The user
should be able to get the data that s/he wants just by using drop-down
boxes. The USER ought to be able to select an arbitrary dates and date
ranges to view.

Here, again, is the more detailed explanation of what I need:

"I have seen pivot tables where the page field has a Date button that
opens up to show years, with little Plus signs next to them. When you
click on the plus sign, it opens up a branch list that shows the
quarters, or the months, each will little plus signs that open up
further branches for individual days. Each of these levels can be
selected with little check- boxes, so that if you want to see all the
data from 2005, you just click the 2005 box. If, on the other hand, you
want to see just November, then you open up the 2005 branch, and then
just select November. You can also, if you want, select any combination
of date ranges (for instance, all of 2004, plus November of 2005, plus
the first three days of December).

How the heck do I do that?"

--
Marc.