Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Davin

Default Formula help! Find and replace in formulas

Sorry Ron,

I should have clarified:

I have a workbook containing multiple worksheets, one for each set of
two-letter characters (de, dc, dw...) that are counting from a "master"
worksheet. The problem is that in the field that it is counting there are a
number of different variables, including one that specifies a date. Otherwise
I could just do a find and replace.
Each worksheet has the exact same format and formulas except the
two-character code.

I have resigned myself to manually changing each individual field at this
point as all of my attempts at automating the process have failed.

Thanks for your help, if you think of anything I would love to know about it.

Happy Holidays!

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:21:01 -0800, "Davin"
wrote:

They are tabs and each tab is for a different set (like "de" and "dc" and
"dw"). Otherwise the formulas for each tab will be exactly the same.
So the formulas for each tab will be exactly the same except that I have to
change those two little characters.

The only definition for "tab" that I can find that is specific to Excel (USA)
is a reference to the label for a worksheet. Since the only data in that
location is the name of the worksheet, I presumed you meant something else,
although I'm still not sure what.

In any event, you should be able to adapt the solution I posted to your
problem. Let me know how it works.

--ron