Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Default Revised formula question

One way:

=0.034*MIN(A1,1500)

In article ,
Sharon D.
wrote:

I guess I haven't explained my first questions very well. The answer
will vary depending on what amount the formula is being calculated
against. The answer will not always be same. I need to have a formula
that calculates commission on the first $1500 and not any additional
money on anything over $1500. So if a person raises $1300. The
percentage is .034 - the commission would be $44.20.

If a person raises 1500. the percentage is still .034 the commission
would be $51.00.

If the person raises 1600, the percentage is .034 for the first $1500
and the commission is still $51.00 because he doesn't get paid on the
extra $100 over

I need a formula that calcuates commission of the first $1500 and not
any additional money on anything over $1500.