Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Conditionally formatting highest valued cell?

IMO, the better, more direct way using "Formula Is" option in CF

Yeah, that's also my opinion.

Although I don't know how it works internally, seems to me that if you
select Cell Value Is, then Excel has to "test" to see which of the logical
conditions were selected from the drop down. Sort of like a nested IF:

If logical is "Between" Then
This algorithm
ELSE
If logical is "equal to" Then
This algorithm
ELSE
etc
etc

Using Formula IS you explicitly define that logical condition in the
formula.

Biff

"Max" wrote in message
"Biff" wrote:
Yeah, that's another way to do it.

IMO, the better, more direct way using "Formula Is" option in CF
was already given earlier in your response
--
Rgds
Max