Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
andyiain

Default Calculating numbers of hours worked in pay divisions

Hola,

I have a series (couple of hundred thousand spead over several sheets)
of start and end dates and times of shifts and I want to be able to
calculate for each shift the number of hours worked in each of the
different pay divisions we use.

These divisions are, daytime (7:00 am to 7:00 pm), evening (7:00 pm to
7:00 am) and Saturday and Sunday and public holiday.

For example a shift starting at 8:00 pm on a Sunday and ending at 10:00
am on a Monday would be 4 Sunday hours, 7 night hours and 3 daytime
hours. That kinda malarkey.

I've been messing around with this for an age and have got some
ludicrously overly-complicated nested ifs that will calculate daytime
hours but then if I want to add in the Saturday and Sunday portions it
will break me. Can anyone help and save a poor wretch like me.

Regards,
Andy

--
andyiain