Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Average of a , < range

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:54:33 -0600, Deb Pingel
wrote:

Does anyone know how to average a range of numbers based on a criteria,
where the numbers have to fall within a range of data? I have tried
combining a number of statements and nothing is working. I want to
average a column of numbers that will have data added to it every day,
but throw out anything over 4 and under 14.

If I understand what you write, you want to AVERAGE everything that is less
than or equal to 4; as well as everything that is greater than or equal to 14.

So try:

=(SUMIF(RNG,"<=4") + SUMIF(RNG,"=14")) /
(COUNTIF(RNG,"<=4")+COUNTIF(RNG,"=14"))

--ron