Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Average of a , < range

She wanted to exclude values between 4 and 14, that means she wants the
average of values less than or equal to 4 (or less than 4 depending on her
thinking) and values greater than or equal to 14 (or greater than 14), the
multiplication you use won't work since it works as AND and how can an AND
function be both <=4 AND =14? This would need the equivalent of the OR
function which in an array would be the plus sign

Peo Sjoblom

"Ashish Mathur" wrote in message

You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=average(if((rangeA)*(range<B)),range))

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashish Mathur

"Deb Pingel" wrote:

Does anyone know how to average a range of numbers based on a criteria,
where the numbers have to fall within a range of data? I have tried
combining a number of statements and nothing is working. I want to
average a column of numbers that will have data added to it every day,
but throw out anything over 4 and under 14.

--
Deb Pingel
Deb Pingel's Profile:

View this thread: