Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default lookup? list data into summary table

In case you're still interested in a Pivot Table approach, you CAN use the
same field more than once in the Pivot Table: once as a row or column and
again as the "Count of" field in the DATA area.

I'm not sure if that applies in your situation.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Joe" wrote:

Hi

thank you for your answer

I have tried this but the count function will only count if there data in
the cells, I need the data from the cells.

thanks again

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
I think can make the Pivot Table work for you if you use "Count of",
instead
of "Sum of". Then it can work won't mind non-numeric data.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Joe" wrote:

Hello

I have three coloums of data which I want to put into a table format
(below)
COL A as the rows, COL B as the column headers and COL C as the data

I have tried using a pivot table but the Data needs to be numeric,
therefore
doesn't work. The same with sumproduct

I then tried using the following formula
=IF(AND(Data!$A:$A=Summary!$A3,Data!$B:$B=Summary! C$2),lookup,Data!$C:$C)
(with the data being on one sheet and the table being on a second sheet)

but it only seems to be doing the same as VLOOKUP and picking up the
first
in COL C list using COL A as the reference.

I tried using ctrl-shift-enter but the formula just returned the result -
#NUM!

Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

COL A COL B COL C