Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default CountIf formula results in the formula itself being displayed.

New

Either you are in Formula View or the formula cells are formatted as text.

Changing the Format alone won't do the trick.

For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas
on/off.

For the second, Format the cells to General then F2 and ENTER to see results.

If you have already done a great whack of these formulas, select all and
EditReplace

what: =
with: =

Replace All and OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:20:02 -0800, NewKid
wrote:

I work in large Excel data files where I frequently do a "countif" to compare
account numbers. Sometimes, the "countif" function will result in displaying
the actual formula in the cell, rather than the result. I have tried to make
sure the cells are formatted correctly, etc., but nothing works. Any ideas??