Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NewKid

Default CountIf formula results in the formula itself being displayed.

Thanks Andy.
I did try that, but it didn't make a difference. Any other ideas? Thanks
for your help.
Mary

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

One possibility is that your sheet is simply displaying formulas. When this
occurs, try hitting Ctrl ` The ` is on the key next to the number 1 key.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"NewKid" wrote in message
I work in large Excel data files where I frequently do a "countif" to
compare
account numbers. Sometimes, the "countif" function will result in
displaying
the actual formula in the cell, rather than the result. I have tried to
make
sure the cells are formatted correctly, etc., but nothing works. Any
ideas??