Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default How do I add totals up from different sheets? A running total.

Shawn

If the total cell on each sheet is same cell you can use

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet23!cellref)

To allow for inserting more sheets later, I recommend inserting a dummy sheet
named Start at first sheet in book.

Insert a dummy sheet named End at last sheet in book.

Then formula can be =SUM(Start:End!cellref)

New sheets will be inserted between Start and End sheets.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:36:03 -0800, "Shawn"
wrote:

How do I add totals up from different sheets? A running total of all the
totals on each worksheet?
thanks.