Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jason_Shanghai

Default How to Sum Up sales data by a product category from another s

Bill,

You are the MAN. You simple formula just help me out from the issue I have
been working on since yesterday evening (it is already 4am here in shanghai).
Thanks so much!

BTW, can you tell me something about the sumproduct? Can't find much from
the Office Help. And what is the "(--" after the function?

Jason
Wanna be an Excel Expert

"William Horton" wrote:

On the first sheet (the one with name - column A, product category - column
B, and product - column C) place the following formula in column D to get
sales.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet5!$A$2:$A$4=$C2),Sheet5!$B$2:$B$4)
Where Sheet 5 is where you have your other information (Product - column a,
Sales - column b, and cost - column c).

The below formula will you get you cost.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet5!$A$2:$A$4=$C2),Sheet5!$C$2:$C$4)

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

"Jason_Shanghai" wrote:

Hi,

I have two worksheets, first one with "name", "product category", and
"product", second one with "product" (sames as the first sheet product),
"sales", "cost".

How can I sum up the "sales" and "cost" by the "product category" with the
least effort. (VB is not allowed :)
--
Jason
Wanna be an Excel Expert