Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Default Two cell Comparison with three different Criteria

Try this..........

=IF(OR('Calculation-Part 46 & 48 Viols.'!O17="No
Likelihood",'Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!O17="Unlikely",'Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!U15<=19),60,VLOOKUP('Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!U29,'Special Assessment Table-AccInv'!A4:B115,2,FALSE))

All on one line, watch out for email word-wrap

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" wrote:

=(IF(OR('Calculation-Part 46 & 48 Viols.'!O17="No
Likelihood",'Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!O17="Unlikely"),60,VLOOKUP('Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!U29,'Special Assessment
Table-AccInv'!A4:B115,2,FALSE)),(IF('Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!U15<=19,60,VLOOKUP('Calculation-Part 46 & 48
Viols.'!U29,'Special Assessment Table-AccInv'!A4:B115,2,FALSE))))

I have came upon an obstcale that I cannot over come. What I am trying
to accomplish is to write a formula were I am referencing two different
cells and comparing three different criteria. The above formula I get
a #Vallue error. I have tried multiple formula designs and can not get
anything to work.

If I have a 104(a) Citation that has a gravity of No Likelihood or
Unlikely and also has a violation history of less than or equal to 19
points the value should equate out to $60. Let say the violation
history is larger than 19, then the value should equate out to whatever
the points total equals. I am using a VLOOKUP formula to search for
this value. On the other hand if the gravity is higher, lets say
reasonably likely then the formula should lookup the dollar value from
my table.

I am calculating a dollar penalty amount for what is called a non-S&S
single penalty. I have developed this spread sheet to help automate
and speed up some calculations.

Please review and offer any help to try to arrive at a formula that
will work. Thanks Don