Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe

Default Excel file won't open, launches NAV2005

The fact that it happens only on two files would bother me.

Must be something in those two that NAV doesn't like.

(Ya, I think they may be corrupt or have a virus)

Can user disable NAV long enough to open the files and copy the contents to a
new workbook? (I told him to try that and to see if he could copy them, rename them and open them.)

See what happens after that step.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:41:21 -0800, Joe wrote:

According to the user, it's just a couple of files. I have not been out to
his place since he called me.

"Possible to open it and go into its options and exclude *.xls files from
scanning? " I don't know, never done this before.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Joe

Does this occur with all Excel *.xls files or just the two?

File scanning would be a function of NAV2005.

Possible to open it and go into its options and exclude *.xls files from
scanning?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:03:02 -0800, Joe wrote:

I have to give the person a new C:\ drive and set his old hard drive as a
slave/data drive. He re-installed his Office XP (Even though he only has
windows 98) He says he can't open a couple of excel files and that when he
tries to do it, it launches the NAV2005 scan and never stops scanning. The
file never opens.