Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

Default Returned: Copying a formula horizontally, the source data is verti

Just a thought, you could transpose the data on the other sheet (that is
currently in a column)

"Shannon" wrote:

I need help figuring out how to copy a formula horzontally on one tab while
the source data resides on a different tab vertically. Can't use copy/paste
special/transpose, because the links have to be dynamic. Gord Dibben
suggested using the INDEX function. But this only worked when I was working
on the extreme left column. However, if I try to reference a column, say
column F, which is 5 columns over the formula starts looking at the 5th data
point down in the column. So If I want to start the formula in F:1, it will
actually start in F:5. Is there a way to change that? Or is there another
function that would do the job better?
Thanks Everyone.