Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FinRazel

Default Delete rows with "C"

Assuming your transactions column is A, create a column with this formula:
ISERROR(FIND("C",A1,1))
This will return "False" in every case where a C appears, and "True"
everywhere else. Then, sort by this column and delete all records that
contain a "False"
--
Anne Murray

"ledzepe" wrote:

Good day to all,

I get a daily spreadsheet report that contains transaction numbers on
one of the columns. I need to delete transactions that ends with the
letter "C". For example, W00121212C or T00004578C or D00000023C

The normal transaction number starts with a letter then 8 numbers. If
the transaction was corrected for error then our software adds a "C" at
the end of the transaction number to indicate that correction was done.

However I need to generate a report on all the transactions but not the
corrected ones.

--
ledzepe
ledzepe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25207