Bob Phillips

Indeed it can be targetted at one cell.

if target.address = "$H$10" Then
MsgBox "You selected cell " & ActiveCell.Address
End IF

HTH

RP

"DianeandChipps" wrote in message
Thanks again, would this add a message into any cell on the worksheet or

only
any cell in a certain column - which is what I did before.

Is there any way I can send the spreadsheet for you to see as I know there
is a more simple way to do this, I just can't remember!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

First, get rid of the office assistant, life is richer without that

annoying
'feature'

Then input the code L Howard provided using the instructions that I

gave,
and selecting any cell will get you a message box popup.
--

HTH

RP

"DianeandChipps" wrote in

message
Thanks to both of you for your quick replies.
Unfortunately neither of your suggestions were familiar to me.
Maybe a bit more information will help.
If the office assistant is hidden the message looks like a comment,

although
there is no red triangle in the corner of the cells.
If the office assistant is switched on the message is shown in its

speech
bubble.

Thanks again.
Diane

"DianeandChipps" wrote:

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one

column
was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I

did
it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks