Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
missymissy

Default A Quickie

Sorry not very specific,

I mean name the cell after the tab, for instance, if I opened a new workbook
I could enter a formula which into cell a1 and the result would be:

Sheet1

The reason I am asking this is because I import data from a bespoke
database, the result is I end up with 100+ tabs each with thier individual
name, I want to highlight all tabs, insert a column and name the cell after
the tab? Are you with me?

thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Do you mean name the cell or put the name of the worksheet in the cell?

If it's the second, visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#SheetName

missymissy wrote:

Hi There

All I need to know is how do I name a cell after a tab? i.e.

cell a2 = tab name

Is it me being silly or can you not do it?

thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson