Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyrtlePeacock

Default Data in my pivot table changes to zeros

I have created a pivot table using a dynamic named range as my source.
The source data consists of 52,416 rows and 10 columns showing:

Membership code
Date
Hour
Day
Week
Month
Term
Year
Checkouts
Checkins

Everything appears as expected when I go through Excel's PivotTable
wizard but the -Sum of Checkins- and -Sum of Checkouts- (which I place
in the data area of the PT) always come up as zeros. The PT seems to
have replaced all the correct data in each cell with a zero!

In addition, I have to manually change the fields to "-Sum of-..." as
opposed to the "-Count of-..." that appears first. It feels as though
this screwy behaviour must have a bearing on why all my data is being
replaced with zeros.

I should add that this has never happened to my other PTs. In fact, I
have a PT in the same workbook with exactly the same columns and layout
with a similar amount of data that works perfectly. I just can't figure
it out!

--
MyrtlePeacock
MyrtlePeacock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29812