Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bob777

Default Pivot Table help!

Hi,
I suggest you abandon the pivot table and use the sumproduct function.

Then you can put the names of the players in col A, put your required
dates in 2 convenient cells, and then use sumproduct to extract the
total scores achieved by each player within your date ranges.

In a separate table, use countif to count the NUMBER of scores within
the date range, and then finally print the averages in a separate
table. If you are happy to publish your e-mail address, I will send you
a simple spreadsheet demonstrating this.

Bobf

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504