Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kghexce

Default Navigatng worksheets in a large Workbook

With a large 500 sheet workbook an index page has proved invaluable.

On one sheet (called 'GoToSheet') links have been created to all 500
pages. EG

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet1!A1",1)
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!A1",2)
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet3!A1",3)
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet4!A1",4)
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet5!A1",5)
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet6!A1",6)
and so on up to
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet500!A1",500)

A return link to the index page is put on each of the 500 sheets to
both the index page and a summary
=HYPERLINK("#Summary!A1","Summary")
=HYPERLINK("#GoToSheet!A1","GoToSheet")

To create the links, entered the various items in separate columns,
incremented the sheet and description columns and then concatenated
across all the columns to create the 500 links, copied the links and
pasted into the 'GoToSheet' Sheet.

Manually created the return links (for those who didn't like using F5)
on Sheet1, copied and then pasted across all remaining 499 sheets at
once.

There are 'VBA'
(http://www.exceltip.com/st/Selecting..._List/645.html)
solutions which I tried, but I prefer the index page.

--
kghexce
kghexce's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29804