Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default HOW ?Excel chart auto insert /populate a code based on date

I have a excel spreadsheet that has a front sheet with a date that I type in
.. this then is populate across the other work sheets within the spreadsheet,
such that formula ='Front Sheet'!D6+3 being worksheets Monday , Tuesday etc
hence the first date on 'Front Sheet' and the add (number) for the week days.

NOW I would lie to put into another cell a code tha always starts PF- and
the rest of it PF-121201 being the day, month and then numbers01 and upwards
to about 15 across the worksheets. Now I would like to get the numerical
part 121201to be partly derived from the initial date on the 'front sheet' .
Can this be done to the cell - how do I refernce it?

Mike