Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay

Default adjusting cell size in spreadsheets

Hi - I have excel for my apple laptop, and I'd like to find out how I
can adjust the size of the cells. I'm cutting and pasting text from a
document onto a spreadsheet, and every so often, a bit of text that I
paste over from a document makes the entire cell get very large. I'd
imagine I have to highlight the entire cell and select something to fix
it...but what? Thanks!

I've had a similar experience. Rather than paste into a spreadsheet cell, I
select the cell and paste into the formula bar. This way, I don't get the
over-sized cells.

(I use Excel 97.)