Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FinRazel

Default Adding something to a complicated formula

Try this:
(first assuming that you have a column (C) containing the items you ordered,
like "pens")
In your formula, =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()G3)
Replace E3 with: (SUMIF(C3:C$20,C3,E3:E$20))
Replace D3 with: (SUMIF(C3:C$20,C3,D3:D$20))
Where 20 is the number of rows in your sheet.
This will allow your function to evaluate all of the ordered and recieved
pens beyond the specified date (whatever row you are in).

Probable bug:
If you ordered 20 pens, recieved 5, and then ordered 15 more, recieving all
15, then this function would still return red, even though you have 20 pens,
because it would have your number ordered calculated as 35 pens. Therefore,
you may need to keep D3 as is.

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent, I'm still not sure exactly what you need.
Try the function and tell me what you think.
--
Anne Murray

"Roz" wrote:

Hi Anne. I'll explain in depth. I have 3 columns that pertain to this
formula: =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()G3).