Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default count records meeting three criteria

Use

="="&B1

and

="<="&C1

note that it will display the dates serial number in the cell itself (number
of days since Jan 0 1900) which may confuse your users so you can insert the
text function as well

="="&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy")

and

="<="&TEXT(C1,"mm/dd/yy")

Peo Sjoblom

"Laura" wrote in message
Let me clarify:
The data is in range A4:G400. I want to be able to put two dates at the

top
of the spreadsheet in cells B1 and C1 to use in my query. (Basically, I

want
to make it easy for an end-user to just type in the dates in one spot to

be
used in several separate formulas that use DCOUNTA.)

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter). The data is

in
range A2:B4

12/12/1991 12
15/01/1992 13
21/01/1992 12

=SUM(IF((A2:A4=A2)*(A2:A4<=A4),B2:B4))

"Laura" wrote:

I am using DCOUNTA to count "records" (rows) in an Excel spreadsheet

using
three criteria:
Type ="=Order"
Date =12/1/2005
Date <=12/19/2005

This works fine; however, I want to be able to use a reference to a

cell
containing the date, rather than having to enter the date in the

DCOUNT
criteria cells. Something like:
Type ="=Order"
Date =$B$1
Date <=$C$1
where B1 contains the start date and C1 contains the end date.

It works if I use Date =$B$1, but it won't do greater than or equal to

$B$1.

Suggestions using DCOUNT or any other method would be greatly

appreciated.