Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FinRazel

Default Adding something to a complicated formula

I don't think you have given enough information for me to solve this problem,
but let me suggest an approach:
You must have a column (A?) with the name of something you ordered (ex: pens)
You must have a date ordered column
and a date recieved (or to recieve) column (G)
column D is the number of items ordered
column E is the number of items recieved
Now, considering your formula, =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()G3).
It is E3 and D3 that must be changed. E3 is not one number, but rather, it
should be the total of every number in column E where you recieved pens
between today and the original order date.
Also, D3 is not one number, but rather, it should be the total of every
number in column D where you ordered pens between today and the original
order date.

I believe you could solve this problem by using conditional statements an
hlookup(), but I don't want to go any further unless my analysis is correct.
please confirm, sending some sample data if possible.
--
Anne Murray

"Roz" wrote:

Hey peeps!

I have a formula that turns the cell red if the number of received
items is less than the number ordered, and only if the scheduled date
they were to come in is past today's date. I would like to add in the
formula the ability to recognize in the ordered and recieved column if
I needed to order more at a later date, or if I received the total
items at different times...like 11+3 in the ordered column, meaning I
ordered 11, realized I needed more and ordered 3 more. Can I make a
formula to recognize this additional requirement? Here is the original
formula I have in the cells: =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()G3). Thanks.

--
Roz
Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29746