Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default Excel FIND ALL-How do you extract the findings to a new worksheet

It makes a difference if the matched cells will all be in the same row or
column versus scattered all over the worksheet.

If they are scattered all over the worksheet....we need more information to
be able to help....particularly, what the rules are.

If they will all be in the same COLUMN or ROW and you only want the matched
cells copy/pasted:
EditFind...[Find All]
[Ctrl]+A (to select all matches)
Press [Escape] 1 time to clear the find screen
EditCopy
FileNew
Press [Enter] to past the items.

If the matched cells will all be in the same COLUMN and you want the
associated cells from the SAME ROW to be copied, you'd do better to use a
Data Filter to select the cells before copy/pasting.

If the matched cells will all be in the same ROW and you want the associated
cells from the same COLUMN to be copied, you could:
EditFind for the cells that DO NOT meet your criteria...then..
FormatColumnHide
EditGoTo...[Special Cells]...Current Region......[Enter]
EditGoTo...[Special Cells]...Visible Cells only....[Enter]
Then copy/paste where you want.

Does that give you something to work with?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"BelAir" wrote:

Using the 'FIND ALL' option in excel brings a box of seletions based on my
search criteria. I would like to take those findings and make a new Excel
worksheet with them.