Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Text Wrapping Issue

If you add alt-enters (to force new lines in the cell) every 80-100 characters,
you should be able to see more characters.

Linda Adams wrote:

This is in Excel 2003 and appears to be a bug.

I have a cell with a large amount of text. Text wrapping has been enabled
and works fine for part of the cell. Eight lines down, it suddenly stops
wrapping and runs off the page. I've tried Paste Special off other cells to
correct this; turning off word wrap and turning it back on--I even tried
pasting it into a different cell with the same result. Nothing works except
to manually insert a carriage return, which is a big nuisance.

I don't know if it helps, but this problem starts at 164 words and and 960
characters.
--
Linda Adams
http://www.hackman-adams.com