Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

Default Vlookup help

Are you using the 4th parameter in your formula?

=Vlookup(lookup value,datalist array,column index,range lookup)

Set range lookup to zero ( 0 ), or "False" (no quotes).

Will then return exact matches only, or a #N/A! error message if none is
found,
BUT ... datalist does not have to be sorted.
--

HTH,

RD

"Luke" wrote in message
My vlookup formula no longer works, I think it may be something to do with
the fact that the data is no longer in sequential order e.g. 1, 2, 6, 5 and
there are cells in the range that are blank.

Surely there must be a way around this? Is there a way to get the vlookup to
work properly without putting all the rows in sequential order?