Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Billigmeier

Default Summing visable cells only

What version of Excel are you using? "109" should ignore all hidden values,
where as just "9" includes hidden values (in 2003 atleast)

Dave

"Paully Shore" wrote:

Dave, thanks for your quick response but when I tried that formula, I got
#VALUE! as a result. I am familiar with =SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A8000) but what is
"109". I cannot get that to work.
--
Thanks Buuuuddddy!

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(109,A1:A8000) will give you what you need.

Dave

"Paully Shore" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 8000+ rows. Some of the rows are hidden. I want to
have a formula at the bottom of the rows that sums only the visable cells
(non-hidden) rows. Any suggestions? (The rows are hidden and not filtered).
--
Thanks Buuuuddddy!