Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excelcrazy

Default Vlookup accross multiple worksheets

Hi

I am having problems with a vlookup

I need to find an estimate number from workbook 1 in workbook 2 and then in
an empty cell in workbook 1 bring up the selling price of the estimate that
was located in workbook 2.

Where an exact match of the estimate number can be located I get the correct
result. Where the estimate number can not be found it puts in the selling
price from the closest matched estimate.

The estimates are a combination of letters and numbers eg I123212A. Could
this be come of the problem?

If I put in the parameter False I get no results, just a list of N/A.

All I want is the correct selling price where it finds an exact match and
either a blank cell or N/A where no exact match can be found.

What am I doing wrong?
--
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Excel Crazy