Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default formatting number value to text value in excel

Hi!

Does that make sense?

To be honest, no!

Why don't you use a Round function in your formula then the number of
decimal places will already be set?

For example:

=ROUND(SUM(A1:A10),2)

Then you just convert the formula to a constant.

Biff

"jazzydwit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi.
I am trying to contain a number value in excel after changing the value
to text.
First, I calculate a cell, then change that cell from a formula to a
value. Then, I want to change the value to a number with 2 digits
after the decimal. My dilemma occurs when the number value shows as 3
digits after the decimal. When I try to reformat for 2 digits, the
number value is displayed with 3 digits. Does that make sense? Please
help!